Here is an updated specs list of upcoming Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras. According to rumors, the AF speed is very fast, there will be over 400 AF points, around 430 to 450. And the rumored names for Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras could be Z300 and Z500.
You can take a look updated specs list of Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras:
- Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras will have over 400 AF points, around 430-450. AF speed is very fast.
- The rear LCD screen is tiltable just like the Nikon D850.
- There is a second LCD screen on the top of the camera (just like the Fuji X-H1)
- There is only one selection wheel on top of the camera.
- The camera’s “prism” with the EVF is a bit less angular/smoother when compared to the Sony a7 series.
- New 24-70 mirrorless full frame kit lens will indeed be f/4.
- 8K time-lapse just like the D850
- The new Nikon mirrorless cameras will have a nice finish and a very comfortable grip. The overall handling/feeling is supposed to be excellent.
- Most likely no built-in flash.
- The promo materials should include dancers/singers.
- Potential names: Z300 and Z500 (not confirmed at all, could be just a guess).
- Two full frame mirrorless cameras: one is 24-25MP CMOS sensor and one is 45MP CMOS sensor (48MP is also a possibility).
- Similar body size to the recently released Sony a7 III camera but with better ergonomics and a better grip. (To compete with Sony a7 III)
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- New mirrorless mount
- The new mirrorless mount will allow for f/0.95 lenses – Nikon has already filed NOCT trademark and f/0.9 lens patents
- Memory cards: XQD and CF Express
- EVF resolution: 3.6MP
- At first, three lenses will be announced: 24-70mm, 35mm and 50mm (The 35 and 50mm prime lenses will likely be f/1.4). There is also talk about a 24mm, but it may come later.
- The 45MP model will be around $4,000/€4,000 in a kit with the 24-70mm lens.
- The 25MP model will be under $3,000/€3,000 (also with a lens).
- The official announcement is rumored for the end of July (on or around July 23rd) and shipping shortly after (August 23rd). Maybe we will see the development announcement at the end of July and the official announcement before Photokina 2018.